Quiet Title of Mineral Interests in Colorado
Issues With Mineral Interests & Quiet Title Actions
If there is a dispute or lack of certainty over the title to mineral resources, a quiet title action is needed. Without this step, you may be unable to lease the minerals or receive royalties from producing acreage. Title issues can also arise over specific factors involved in mineral rights, severing & reservation of minerals. Some of the circumstances which may need to be prevented or addressed with a quiet title action include:
- Unrecorded claims, errors in title registration or ambiguous title
- Invalid conveyance of a property, for example, involving a forged deed or coercion
- Government claims to title in lieu of taxes owed
- States, municipalities, or private party disputes regarding boundaries
- Competing claims in relation to missing heirs, lien holders, reversion and remainders
- Land wrongfully occupied in relation to mineral rights
- Rights obtained under a quit claim deed
A Colorado oil and gas law attorney can assist with these matters and what is sometimes referred to as a try title or trespass to try title. Clarifying and claiming title may occur without incident but if the matter is contested, will involve litigation.
When you enlist the help of Cantafio & Song PLLC, you will speak to an attorney up front and can discuss your questions and concerns and find out about your legal options and how we can help you. Our legal team is made up of former prosecutors, senior judges, CPAs, military JAGs and successful business operators. We work as a team to resolve our clients' diverse legal issues and advocate relentlessly for your rights.
Contact a Colorado oil and gas law attorney for help regarding quiet title of mineral interests.
One of the many reasons we continue to retain Ralph for legal services is that we feel we get honest value in the time spent on our projects. His negotiations are direct, fair, and produce results.- Katy
Ralph is thorough and hard-working. I would recommend him to anyone.- Former Client
When things went wrong, they were there for me.- James